Asked Country: Other Country/Island

Title: Significance of Shab-e-Barat with traceable Quranic Ayaths and Hadiths

Question

Answer

Sha%27ban%3A+Merits%2C+Do%27s%2C+and+Dont%27s%0D%0A%0D%0ASha%27ban+is+one+of+the+meritorious+months+for+which+we+find+some+particular%0D%0Ainstructions+in+the+Sunnah+of+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa%0D%0Asallam.+It+is+reported+in+the+authentic+ahadith+that+Prophet+Muhammad%2C%0D%0ASall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+used+to+fast+most+of+the+month+in+Sha%27ban.%0D%0AThese+fasts+were+not+obligatory+on+him+but+Sha%27ban+is+the+month+immediately%0D%0Apreceding+the+month+of+Ramadan.+Therefore%2C+some+preparatory+measures+are%0D%0Asuggested+by+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam.+Some+of+these%0D%0Aare+given+below%3A%0D%0A%0D%0A1.+The+blessed+companion+Anas%2C+Radi-Allahu+anhu%2C+reports+that+Prophet%0D%0AMuhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+was+asked%2C+%22Which+fast+is+the+most%0D%0Ameritorious+after+the+fasts+of+Ramadan%3F%22+He+replied%2C+%22Fasts+of+Shaban+in%0D%0Ahonor+of+Ramadan.%22%0D%0A%0D%0A2.+The+blessed+companion+Usama+ibn+Zaid%2C+Radi-Allahu+anhu%2C+reports+that+he%0D%0Aasked+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%3A+%22Messenger+of+Allah%2C+I%0D%0Ahave+seen+you+fasting+in+the+month+of+Sha%27ban+so+frequently+that+I+have%0D%0Anever+seen+you+fasting+in+any+other+month.%22+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu%0D%0Aalayhi+wa+sallam%2C+replied%3A+%22That+%28Sha%27ban%29+is+a+month+between+Rajab+and%0D%0ARamadan+which+is+neglected+by+many+people.+And+it+is+a+month+in+which+an%0D%0Aaccount+of+the+deeds+%28of+human+beings%29+is+presented+before+the+Lord+of+the%0D%0Auniverse%2C+so%2C+I+wish+that+my+deeds+be+presented+at+a+time+when+I+am+in+a%0D%0Astate+of+fasting.%22%0D%0A%0D%0A3.+Ummul+Mu%27mineen+%27Aishah%2C+Radi-Allahu+anha%2C+says%2C+%22Prophet+Muhammad%2C%0D%0ASall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+used+to+fast+the+whole+of+Sha%27ban.+I+said+to%0D%0Ahim%2C+%27Messenger+of+Allah%2C+is+Sha%27ban+your+most+favorite+month+for+fasting%3F%27%0D%0AHe+said%2C+%27In+this+month+Allah+prescribes+the+list+of+the+persons+dying+this%0D%0Ayear.+Therefore%2C+I+like+that+my+death+comes+when+I+am+in+a+state+of%0D%0Afasting.%22%0D%0A%0D%0A4.+In+another+Tradition+she+says%2C+%22Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa%0D%0Asallam%2C+would+sometimes+begin+to+fast+continuously+until+we+thought+he+would%0D%0Anot+stop+fasting%2C+and+sometimes+he+used+to+stop+fasting+until+we+thought+he%0D%0Awould+never+fast.+I+never+saw+the+Messenger+of+Allah%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa%0D%0Asallam%2C+fasting+a+complete+month%2C+except+the+month+of+Ramadan%2C+and+I+have%0D%0Anever+seen+him+fasting+in+a+month+more+frequently+than+he+did+in+Sha%27ban.%22%0D%0A%0D%0A5.+In+another+report+she+says%2C+%22I+never+saw+the+Messenger+of+Allah%2C%0D%0ASall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+fasting+in+a+month+so+profusely+as+he+did+in%0D%0Athe+month+of+Sha%27ban.+He+used+to+fast+in+that+month+leaving+only+a+few+days%2C%0D%0Arather%2C+he+used+to+fast+almost+the+whole+of+the+month.%22%0D%0A%0D%0A6.+Ummul-Mu%27mineen+Umm+Salamah%2C+Radi-Allahu+anha%2C+says%3A+%22I+have+never+seen%0D%0Athe+Messenger+of+Allah+fasting+for+two+months+continuously+except+in+the%0D%0Amonths+of+Sha%27ban+and+Ramadan.%22%0D%0A%0D%0AThese+reports+indicate+that+fasting+in+the+month+of+Sha%27ban%2C+though+not%0D%0Aobligatory%2C+is+so+meritorious+that+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa%0D%0Asallam%2C+did+not+like+to+miss+it.%0D%0A%0D%0ABut+it+should+be+kept+in+mind+that+the+fasts+of+Sha%27ban+are+for+those%0D%0Apersons+only+who+are+capable+of+keeping+them+without+causing+deficiency+in%0D%0Athe+obligatory+fasts+of+Ramadan.+Therefore%2C+if+one+fears+that+after+fasting%0D%0Ain+Sha%27ban%2C+he+will+lose+strength+or+freshness+for+the+fasts+of+Ramadan+and%0D%0Awill+not+be+able+to+fast+in+it+with+freshness%2C+he+should+not+fast+in%0D%0ASha%27ban%2C+because+the+fasts+of+Ramadan%2C+being+obligatory%2C+are+more+important%0D%0Athan+the+optional+fasts+of+Sha%27ban.+That+is+why+Prophet+Muhammad%2C%0D%0ASall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+himself+has+forbidden+the+Muslims+from+fasting%0D%0Aone+or+two+days+immediately+before+the+commencement+of+Ramadan.+The+blessed%0D%0ACompanion+Abu+Hurairah%2C+Radi-Allahu+anhu%2C+reports+Prophet+Muhammad%2C%0D%0ASall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+to+have+said%2C+%22Do+not+fast+after+the+first%0D%0Ahalf+of+the+month+of+Sha%27ban+is+gone.%22%0D%0A%0D%0AAccording+to+another+report+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%0D%0Ahas+said%3A+%22Do+not+precede+the+month+of+Ramadan+with+one+or+two+fasts.%22%0D%0A%0D%0AThe+essence+of+the+above-quoted+ahadith+is+that+Prophet+Muhammad%2C%0D%0ASall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+himself+used+to+fast+most+of+the+month+of%0D%0ASha%27ban%2C+because+he+had+no+fear+of+developing+weakness+or+weariness+before%0D%0Athe+commencement+of+Ramadan.+As+for+others%2C+he+ordered+them+not+to+fast%0D%0Aafter+the+15th+of+Sha%27ban+for+the+fear+that+they+would+lose+their+strength%0D%0Aand+freshness+before+Ramadan+starts%2C+and+would+not+be+able+to+welcome+the%0D%0Amonth+of+Ramadan+with+enthusiasm.%0D%0A%0D%0AThe+Night+of+Bara%27ah%0D%0A%0D%0AAnother+significant+feature+of+the+month+of+Sha%27ban+is+that+it+consists+of+a%0D%0Anight+which+is+termed+in+Shariah+as+%22Laylatul-bara%27ah%22+%28The+night+of+freedom%0D%0Afrom+Fire%29.+This+is+the+night+occurring+between+14th+and+15th+day+of%0D%0ASha%27ban.+There+are+certain+traditions+of+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu%0D%0Aalayhi+wa+sallam%2C+to+prove+that+it+is+a+meritorious+night+in+which+the%0D%0Apeople+of+the+earth+are+attended+by+special+Divine+mercy.+Some+of+these%0D%0Atraditions+are+quoted+as+follows%3A%0D%0A%0D%0A1.+Ummul-Mu%27mineen+%27Aishah%2C+Radi-Allahu+anha%2C+is+reported+to+have+said%2C%0D%0A%22Once+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+performed+the+Salah+of%0D%0Athe+night+%28Tahajjud%29+and+made+a+very+long+Sajdah+until+I+feared+that+he+had%0D%0Apassed+away.+When+I+saw+this%2C+I+rose+%28from+my+bed%29+and+moved+his+thumb+%28to%0D%0Aascertain+whether+he+is+alive%29.+The+thumb+moved%2C+and+I+returned+%28to+my%0D%0Aplace%29.+Then+I+heard+him+saying+in+Sajdah%3A+%27I+seek+refuge+of+Your%0D%0Aforgiveness+from+Your+punishment%2C+and+I+seek+refuge+of+Your+pleasure+from%0D%0AYour+annoyance%2C+and+I+seek+Your+refuge+from+Yourself.+I+cannot+praise+You+as%0D%0Afully+as+You+deserve.+You+are+exactly+as+You+have+defined+Yourself.%27%0D%0AThereafter%2C+when+he+raised+his+head+from+Sajdah+and+finished+his+salah%2C+he%0D%0Asaid+to+me%3A+%27Aishah%2C+did+you+think+that+the+Prophet+has+betrayed+you%3F%27+I%0D%0Asaid%2C+%27No%2C+O+Prophet+of+Allah%2C+but+I+was+afraid+that+your+soul+has+been%0D%0Ataken+away+because+your+Sajdah+was+very+long.%27+He+asked+me%2C+%27Do+you+know%0D%0Awhich+night+is+this%3F%27+I+said%2C+%27Allah+and+His+Messenger+know+best.%27+He+said%2C%0D%0A%27This+is+the+night+of+the+half+of+Sha%27ban.+Allah+Almighty+looks+upon+His%0D%0Aslaves+in+this+night+and+forgives+those+who+seek+forgiveness+and+bestows+His%0D%0Amercy+upon+those+who+pray+for+mercy+but+keeps+those+who+have+malice+%28against%0D%0Aa+Muslim%29+as+they+were+before%2C+%28and+does+not+forgive+them+unless+they%0D%0Arelieve+themselves+from+malice%29.%27%22%0D%0A%0D%0A2.+In+another+Tradition+Sayyidah%27+Aishah%2C+Radi-Allahu+anha%2C+has+reported%0D%0Athat+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+has+said%2C+%22Allah%0D%0AAlmighty+descends+%28in+a+manner+He+best+knows+it%29+in+the+night+occurring+in%0D%0Athe+middle+of+Sha%27ban+and+forgives+a+large+number+of+people+more+than+the%0D%0Anumber+of+the+fibers+on+the+sheep+of+the+tribe%2C+Kalb.%22%0D%0A%0D%0AKalb+was+a+big+tribe+the+members+of+which+had+a+very+large+number+of+sheep.%0D%0ATherefore%2C+the+last+sentence+of+the+hadith+indicates+the+big+number+of+the%0D%0Apeople+who+are+forgiven+in+this+night+by+Allah+Almighty.%0D%0A%0D%0A3.+In+yet+another+Tradition%2C+she+has+reported+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu%0D%0Aalayhi+wa+sallam%2C+to+have+said%2C+%22This+is+the+middle+Night+of+Sha%27ban.+Allah%0D%0Afrees+in+it+a+large+number+of+the+people+from+Fire%2C+more+than+the+number+of%0D%0Athe+hair+growing+on+the+sheep+of+the+tribe%2C+Kalb.+But+He+does+not+even+look%0D%0Aat+a+person+who+associates+partners+with+Allah%2C+or+at+a+person+who+nourishes%0D%0Amalice+in+his+heart+%28against+someone%29%2C+or+at+a+person+who+cuts+off+the+ties%0D%0Aof+kinship%2C+or+at+a+man+who+leaves+his+clothes+extending+beyond+his+ankles%0D%0A%28as+a+sign+of+pride%29%2C+or+at+a+person+who+disobeys+his+parents%2C+or+at+a%0D%0Aperson+who+has+a+habit+of+drinking+wine.%22%0D%0A%0D%0A4.+Sayyidna+Mu%27adh+ibn+Jabal%2C+Radi-Allahu+anhu%2C+reports+that+Prophet%0D%0AMuhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+has+said%3A+%22Allah+Almighty+looks+upon%0D%0Aall+those+created+by+Him+in+the+middle+Night+of+Sha%27ban+and+forgives+all%0D%0Athose+created+by+Him%2C+except+the+one+who+associates+partners+with+Him+or+the%0D%0Aone+who+has+malice+in+his+heart+%28against+a+Muslim%29%22.%0D%0A%0D%0AAlthough+the+chain+of+narrators+of+some+of+these+traditions+suffers+with%0D%0Asome+minor+technical+defects%2C+yet+when+all+these+traditions+are+combined%0D%0Atogether%2C+it+becomes+clear+that+this+night+has+some+well+founded+merits%2C+and%0D%0Aobserving+this+night+as+a+sacred+night+is+not+a+baseless+concoction+as%0D%0Aenvisaged+by+some+modern+scholars+who%2C+on+the+basis+of+these+minor+defects%2C%0D%0Ahave+totally+rejected+to+give+any+special+importance+to+this+night.+In+fact%2C%0D%0Asome+of+these+traditions+have+been+held+by+some+scholars+of+hadith+as%0D%0Aauthentic+and+the+defects+in+the+chain+of+some+others+have+been+treated+by%0D%0Athem+as+minor+technical+defects+which%2C+according+to+the+science+of+hadith%2C%0D%0Aare+curable+by+the+variety+of+their+ways+of+narration.+That+is+why+the%0D%0Aelders+of+the+ummah+have+constantly+been+observing+this+night+as+a+night+of%0D%0Aspecial+merits+and+have+been+spending+it+in+worship+and+prayers.%0D%0A%0D%0AWhat+should+be+done+in+this+night%3F%0D%0AIn+order+to+observe+the+Night+of+Bara%27ah%2C+one+should+remain+awakened+in+this%0D%0Anight+as+much+as+he+can.+If+someone+has+better+opportunities%2C+he+should%0D%0Aspend+the+whole+night+in+worship+and+prayer.+However%2C+if+one+cannot+do+so%0D%0Afor+one+reason+or+another%2C+he+can+select+a+considerable+portion+of+the%0D%0Anight%2C+preferably+of+the+second+half+of+it+for+this+purpose%2C+and+should%0D%0Aperform+the+following+acts+of+worship%3A%0D%0A%0D%0A%28a%29+Salah.+Salah+is+the+most+preferable+act+to+be+performed+in+this+night.%0D%0AThere+is+no+particular+number+of+Rak%27at+but+preferably+it+should+not+be+less%0D%0Athan+eight.+It+is+also+advisable+that+each+part+of+the+Salah+like+qiyam%2C%0D%0Arukoo%27+and+sajdah+should+be+longer+than+normal.+The+longest+surahs+of+the%0D%0AHoly+Qur%27an+one+remembers+by+heart+should+be+recited+in+the+Salah+of+this%0D%0Anight.+If+someone+does+not+remember+the+long+surahs%2C+he+can+also+recite%0D%0Aseveral+short+surahs+in+one+rak%27ah.%0D%0A%0D%0A%28b%29+Tilawa.+The+recitation+of+the+Holy+Qur%27an+is+another+form+of+worship%2C%0D%0Avery+beneficent+in+this+night.+After+performing+Salah%2C+or+at+any+other+time%2C%0D%0Aone+should+recite+as+much+of+the+Holy+Qur%27an+as+he+can.%0D%0A%0D%0A%28c%29+Dhikr.+One+should+also+perform+dhikr+%28recitation+of+the+name+of+Allah%29%0D%0Ain+this+night.+Particularly+the+following+dhikr+is+very+useful%3A%0D%0A%0D%0AOne+should+recite+Salah+%28durood%29+on+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa%0D%0Asallam%2C+as+many+times+as+he+can.+The+dhikr+can+also+be+recited+while%0D%0Awalking%2C+lying+on+bed+and+during+other+hours+of+work+or+leisure.%0D%0A%0D%0A%28d%29+Dua.+The+best+benefit+one+can+draw+from+the+blessings+of+this+night+is%0D%0Aprayers+and+supplications.+It+is+hoped+that+all+the+prayers+in+this+night%0D%0Awill+be+accepted+by+our+Lord%2C+insha-Allah.+Prayer+itself+is+an+%27Ibadah%2C+and%0D%0AAllah+Almighty+gives+reward+on+each+prayer+along+with+the+fulfillment+of+the%0D%0Asupplicator%27s+need.+Even+if+the+purpose+prayed+for+is+not+achieved%2C+one%0D%0Acannot+be+deprived+of+the+reward+of+the+prayer+which+is+sometimes+more%0D%0Aprecious+than+the+mundane+benefits+one+strives+for.+The+prayers+and%0D%0Asupplications+also+strengthen+one%27s+relation+with+Allah+Almighty%2C+which+is%0D%0Athe+main+purpose+of+all+kinds+and+forms+of+worship.%0D%0A%0D%0AOne+can+pray+for+whatever+purpose+he+wishes.+But+the+best+supplications+are%0D%0Athe+ones+made+by+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam.+These+are%0D%0Aso+comprehensive+and+all-encompassing+prayers+that+all+the+human+needs%2C+of%0D%0Athis+world+and+the+Hereafter%2C+are+fully+covered+in+the+eloquent+expressions%0D%0Aused+in+them.+Actually%2C+most+of+the+prophetic+prayers+are+so+profound+that%0D%0Ahuman+imagination+can+hardly+match+their+greatness.%0D%0A%0D%0ASeveral+books+in+various+languages+are+available+which+provide+these%0D%0Aprophetic+prayers%2C+and+one+should+pray+to+Allah+Almighty+in+accordance+with%0D%0Athem%2C+whether+by+reciting+their+original+Arabic+text+or+by+rendering+their%0D%0Asense+in+one%27s+own+language.%0D%0A%0D%0A%28e%29+There+are+some+people+who+cannot+perform+any+additional+Salah+or%0D%0Arecitations+for+any+reason%2C+like+illness+or+weakness+or+being+engaged+in%0D%0Asome+other+necessary+activities.+Such+people+also+should+not+deprive%0D%0Athemselves+completely+of+the+blessings+of+this+night.+They+should+observe%0D%0Athe+following+acts%3A%0D%0A%0D%0A%28i%29+To+perform+the+Salah+of+Maghrib%2C+%27Isha%27+and+Fajr+with+Jama%27ah+in+the%0D%0Amosque%2C+or+in+their+homes+in+case+of+their+being+sick.%0D%0A%0D%0A%28ii%29+They+should+keep+reciting+the+dhikr%2C+particularly+the+one+mentioned+in%0D%0Apara+%28c%29+above%2C+in+whatever+condition+they+are+until+they+sleep.%0D%0A%0D%0A%28iii%29+They+should+pray+to+Allah+for+their+forgiveness+and+for+their+other%0D%0Aobjectives.+One+can+do+so+even+when+he+is+in+his+bed.%0D%0A%0D%0A%28f%29+The+women+during+their+periods+cannot+perform+salah%2C+nor+can+they+recite%0D%0Athe+Qur%27an%2C+but+they+can+recite+any+dhikr%2C+tasbeeh%2C+durood+sharif+and+can%0D%0Apray+to+Allah+for+whatever+purpose+they+like+in+whatever+language+they+wish.%0D%0AThey+can+also+recite+the+Arabic+prayers+mentioned+in+the+Qur%27an+or+in+the%0D%0Ahadith+with+the+intention+of+supplication+%28and+not+with+the+intention+of%0D%0Arecitation%29.%0D%0A%0D%0A%28g%29+According+to+a+hadith%2C+which+is+relatively+less+authentic%2C+Prophet%0D%0AMuhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+went+in+this+night+to+the+graveyard%0D%0Aof+Baqi%27+where+he+prayed+for+the+Muslims+buried+there.+On+this+basis%2C+some%0D%0Aof+the+fuqaha+hold+it+as+mustahabb+%28advisable%29+in+this+night+to+go+to+the%0D%0Agraveyard+of+the+Muslims+and+recite+Fatihah+or+any+other+part+of+the+Qur%27an%2C%0D%0Aand+pray+for+the+dead.+But+this+act+is+neither+obligatory+nor+should+it+be%0D%0Aperformed+as+regularly+as+an+obligatory+act.%0D%0A%0D%0AWhat+should+not+be+done+in+this+night%0D%0A1.+As+mentioned+earlier%2C+the+Night+of+Bara%27ah+is+a+night+in+which+special%0D%0Ablessings+are+directed+towards+the+Muslims.+Therefore%2C+this+night+should+be%0D%0Aspent+in+total+submission+to+Allah+Almighty%2C+and+one+should+refrain+from+all%0D%0Athose+activities%2C+which+may+displease+Allah.+Although+it+is+always+incumbent%0D%0Aupon+every+Muslim+to+abstain+from+sins%2C+yet+this+abstinence+becomes+all+the%0D%0Amore+necessary+in+such+nights%2C+because+committing+sins+in+this+night+will%0D%0Aamount+to+responding+to+divine+blessings+with+disobedience+and+felony.+Such%0D%0Aan+arrogant+attitude+can+invite+nothing+but+the+wrath+of+Allah.+Therefore%2C%0D%0Aone+should+strictly+abstain+from+all+the+sins%2C+particularly+from+those%0D%0Amentioned+in+the+Hadith+No.+3+quoted+earlier+in+this+article%2C+because+these%0D%0Asins+make+one+devoid+of+the+blessings+of+this+night.%0D%0A%0D%0A2.+In+this+night+some+people+indulge+in+some+activities+which+they+regard+as%0D%0Anecessary+for+the+celebration+of+the+Night+of+Bara%27ah%2C+like+cooking+some%0D%0Aspecial+type+of+meal%2C+or+illuminating+houses+or+mosques%2C+or+improvised%0D%0Astructures.+All+such+activities+are+not+only+baseless+and+innovated+in+the%0D%0Alater+days+by+ignorant+people%2C+but+in+some+cases+they+are+pure+imitation+of%0D%0Asome+rituals+performed+by+non-Muslim+communities.+Such+imitation+in+itself%0D%0Ais+a+sin%3B+performing+it+in+a+blessed+night+like+the+Night+of+Bara%27ah+makes%0D%0Ait+worse.+Muslims+should+strictly+abstain+from+all+such+activities.%0D%0A%0D%0A3.+Some+people+spend+this+night+in+holding+religious+meetings+and+delivering%0D%0Along+speeches.+Such+activities+are+also+not+advisable%2C+because+these+acts%0D%0Acan+easily+be+performed+in+other+nights.+This+night+requires+one+to+devote%0D%0Ahimself+for+the+pure+acts+of+worship+only.%0D%0A%0D%0A4.+The+acts+of+worship+like+Salah%2C+recitation+of+the+Qur%27an+and+dhikr+should%0D%0Abe+performed+in+this+night+individually%2C+not+collectively.+The+Nafl+Salah%0D%0Ashould+not+be+performed+in+Jama%27ah%2C+nor+should+the+Muslims+arrange%0D%0Agatherings+in+the+mosques+in+order+to+celebrate+the+night+in+a+collective%0D%0Amanner.%0D%0A%0D%0AOn+the+contrary%2C+this+night+is+meant+for+worshipping+Allah+in+solitude.+It%0D%0Ais+the+time+to+enjoy+the+direct+contact+with+the+Lord+of+the+Universe%2C+and%0D%0Ato+devote+one%27s+attention+to+Him+and+Him+alone.+These+are+the+precious+hours%0D%0Aof+the+night+in+which+nobody+should+intervene+between+one+and+his+Lord%2C+and%0D%0Aone+should+turn+to+Allah+with+total+concentration%2C+not+disturbed+or%0D%0Aintermitted+by+any+one+else.%0D%0A%0D%0AThat+is+why+Prophet+Muhammad%2C+Sall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+observed+the%0D%0Aacts+of+worship+in+this+night+in+total+seclusion%2C+not+accompanied+by+anyone%2C%0D%0Anot+even+by+his+favorite+life+companion+Sayyidah+%27Aishah%2C+Radi-Allahu+anha%2C%0D%0Aand+that+is+why+all+forms+of+the+optional+worship+%28Nafl+Ibadah%29%2C+are+advised%0D%0Aby+him+to+be+done+in+individual%2C+not+in+collective+manner.%0D%0A%0D%0AFast+of+the+15th+Sha%27ban%0D%0AOn+the+day+immediately+following+the+Night+of+Bara%27ah%2C+i.e.+the+15th+of%0D%0ASha%27ban%2C+it+is+mustahabb+%28advisable%29+to+keep+fast.+Prophet+Muhammad%2C%0D%0ASall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+is+reported+to+have+recommended+this+fast%0D%0Aemphatically.+Although+the+scholars+of+hadith+have+some+doubts+in+the%0D%0Aauthenticity+of+this+report%2C+yet+it+is+mentioned+earlier+that+the+fasts+of%0D%0Athe+first+half+of+Sha%27ban+have+special+merits+and+Prophet+Muhammad%2C%0D%0ASall-Allahu+alayhi+wa+sallam%2C+used+to+fast+most+of+the+days+in+Sha%27ban.%0D%0AMoreover%2C+a+large+number+of+the+elders+%28salaf%29+of+the+Ummah+have+been%0D%0Aobserving+the+fast+of+the+15th+of+Sha%27ban.+This+constant+practice+indicates%0D%0Athat+they+have+accepted+the+relevant+hadith+as+authentic.%0D%0A%0D%0ATherefore%2C+it+is+advisable+to+fast+the+15th+of+Sha%27ban+as+an+optional+%28nafl%29%0D%0Afast.+One+can+also+keep+a+fast+of+qada+on+this+day+and+it+is+hoped+that+he%0D%0Acan+also+benefit+from+the+merits+of+this+fast.%0D%0A%0D%0AMufti+M+Taqi+Usmani%0D%0A%0D%0A