Country: Canada
Date: 24th June 2007

Your Site says taht it it is immodest for husband and wife to be completely naked in frotn of each other, but its ok to be naked during intercourse. My questions are:

Question

Newly married for 3 months.  I love my husband.  I was raised in a very conservative family and was never alone with a man before, so much of the private marital relationship is new to me.  your Site says taht it it is immodest for husband and wife to be completely naked in frotn of each other, but its ok to be naked during intercourse.  My question - 

1. Even when we don't have intercourse, my husband asks me to come to bed topless. i keep my pyjama bottoms on, but he wants me naked from waist up.   we sleep this way.  Is this allowed?  Can he play/kiss my breasts at night, even if we don't have intercourse? 

2. he likes me to be this way in our bedroom, even when we're not sleeping - walking around the bedroom etc topless.  We live with my in-laws but we keep bedroom door locked.  is it ok, or is it immodest?

3. can we take shower together and help each other bathe?   Thank you. 

Answer

1. It is permissible.
  2. It is permissible.
  3. Modesty dictates that at least the private parts be covered.