Date: 8th June 2007

TIll when does the Fazar time lasts. Or to put it this way till when can I pray my Fazar namaz.

Question

Answer

وقت الفجر ما لم تطلع الشمس (صحيح مسلم)

The time of Fajr remains until the rising of the Sun. (Sahih Muslim)

The time of Fajr ends when the sun rises from the horizon.  You may perform your Fajr salah before this time.  It should not be mistaken with the sun rays that emit from the sun as the rays are not the actual sun itself.  It might be difficult to witness the actually sunrise due to many reasons, e.g. the horizon being cloudy, mountainous region, etc, therefore it is advised that one should follow the timetable prepared by the Muslims experts wherein the exact time of sunrise is stated.

Badai al-Sanai

Al-Hidaya

Nur al-I’dhah

Ml. Ehzaz Ajmeri,