Date: 5th June 2007

Men wearing chains and bracelets

Question

Question 1: what types of jewellery is permissible for males to use, e.g ring, handchain, chain etc...

Question 2: is it permissible to take photos of human and animals with the camera of a cellphone, n is it permisible to store the photos of human and animals on chips e.g the cellphone memory. I saw a fatwa about this on this site before but i don't remember where i saw it and what's the fatwa id number, please send it to me. Please give me a full detail about both.

Answer

1. It is not permissible for men to wear chains, bracelets etc. Men are only permitted to wear silver rings with the silver content being 4,373g (Fataawa Hindiyya 5 /335).
  2. It is not permissible to take photographs of animate objects on a mobile cellular telephone which is stored in chips and memory’s.