Date: 27th May 2007

Does it take you out of the fold of Islaam to think that Allah(swt) doesn't care about you? Or what if you have that "tawakkul" sufis always talk about? Does that constitute kufr?

Question

You know a lot of people say that some women in Jannah will be superior to some men, but what is the proof for this? Also, I'd like to know what you should take away from the fact that Allah(swt) decided to encourage men towards Jannah by giving them hoor while simultaneously discouraging women? Does He not care if women go to Jannah or not? Or is He trying to make it clear that they'll be allowed into Jannah but it is a Man's Jannah, or what? You asked me earlier if I've lost sight of the fact that Allah(swt) can change a man or a woman's heart to fulfill another's desire. My answer to that is no, because by slapping women with the fact that polygamy will continue even into their "rewarding" Afterlife, hasn't He just told us that our desires will be warped to fulfill the men's?

Answer

The issue is simple. Jannah is a place of honour. Allah says, “Verily the most honoured among you are those who fear Allah most”. The verse is general. It is possible that a woman has more taqwa than a man and she will be honoured more by Allah. All the other issues you raise are actually directed to Allah. We cannot answer for Allah. We can only say what we know.