Country: Canada

Is The money which she gave to my brother is Halal or Haram.

Question

Assalam o alaekum,

By Brother took loan from his mother in law to purchase a condominium. Few years back he sold his house b'cos he doesn't wanted to get in sin by paying interest. He is really Allah Fearing very good muslim. His Mother in law took the loan from bank on interest( as she is not so religious and she knows that its major sin in islam to take and give interest. but still she doesn't mind in taking it) My brothet is not paying any interest to her.  My question is

1: The money which she gave to my brother is Halal or Haram.

2: In Toronto there is a islamic financers who are offering Riba free loans. Here is there website. Can you pls check and let us know Is it hala or haram to get a loan from there. www.umfinancial.com

May Lalah reward you for your help.

Jazak Allah Khair.

Answer

1. Your brother will not be responsible for the sins of the interest on the loan.
  2. You may summarize the financial scheme and sent to us to check.