I do'nt know why Allah gave me this disease. I think it is because of my...

Question

I am a Muslim male aged 26 years. Please tell me why does some disease or infection (bemari) befalls on even a pious person? I have been diagnosed with a dangerous yet curable disease even though I am a pious and practising muslim. For the diagnosis purposes, I have to undergo Biopsy in which there was an incision after which I had to bear a 1-1.5 inch scar on my chest. I am very cautious about my scars and this one is bothering me too much.

I do'nt know why Allah gave me this disease. I think it is because of my past mistakes as before i didnt use to pray and was very ungrateful to Allah's naymats and blessings upon me. Now I am very stressed and suffering from inferiority complex because of my scar and also because the treatment is a lengthy one (it will take about 6-9 months for the treatment). Now I also feel demotivated towards fulfilling my religious obligatioins in that when i turned religious I got the disease and became bemar whereas before I was very unreligious and didnt use to pray but yet was healthy and was scar free.

Answer

We have stated to you previously regarding the suspicious thoughts of your Imaan that these are the whispers of Shaytaan and you should ignore them completely. The thoughts of the scars and suffering from inferiority complex are also part of the same plot to frustrate and misguide you.  

It seems that you are giving too much importance to these whispers and they are beginning to overpower you. The solution to this is to ignore whatever thoughts are coming to you and continue with your normal routine. If you entertain these thoughts they will certainly reoccur. But if you ignore them they will disappear.

We have mentioned that it is vital that you relate your feelings to some reliable, Allah fearing Alim in your community who may assist you and guide you.