Asked Country: Kuwait

Title: My question is regarding fasting fardh or nafl in the evening i ...

My question is regarding fasting fardh or nafl in the evening i make intention to make fasting tomorrow i prepared everything but the problem is sleep overtake me at the time of eating suhoor. I wake up when the muadhin calling the azaan second time for fajur salaat. I did not make my suhoor. It is permissable to continue my fasting even i did not eat in the suhoor. JAZAKALLAH HU KHAIR.

Sehri is an act of worship and a means of blessings. However, if one’s eyes do not open for sehri, he should keep his fardh fast despite not having sehri. To leave out fardh fasts on account of not making sehri is a major sin.

Radul Muhtar Vol: 2 Pg: 419 (H.M. Sa’eed Company)

( قوله : ويستحب السحور ) لما رواه الجماعة إلا أبا داود عن أنس قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم { تسحروا فإن في السحور بركة } قيل المراد بالبركة : حصول التقوي على صوم الغد أو زيادة الثواب

Hevenly Ornaments Vol:1 Pg: 287(Zamzam Publishers)

However, if one does not get up for sehri in a nafl fast, then he has the option of not fasting.

Ml. M. Jawed Iqbal,

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of