Asked Country: Canada

Title: I was thinking about Talaaq for my wife

Question

If i didnt say any thing to my wife . I was just thinking about tlaaq to my self in my head under influnce of reading a lot of articles about it on your web site. when talking to my wife the word talaaq came to my mind 2 times. i didnt utter any thing or mean any thing I happy with my marriage does it effect my marriage when i dont even say any thing but think of saying talaaq 2 times.

it is said if the guy prefoming the nikha even says one arabic word worng the nikha isnt done. i secretly had my nikha done 4 months ago there were 2 muslim males at the cermony one of them was a hafiz any prefomed the nikha. the haq mher was decided and paid is my nikha vaild me and my wife used the word QUBOOL to accept each other into marriage.

Isnt it the concept that we have accpet each other infront of 2 witnesses with the condition of the agreed haq mahr rather than the the hafiz purnoucing one arabic wrong and the nikha doesnt happen. I dont even speak arabic how would i know

Answer

1. There is no Taalaq in this case. Thinking about Talaaq does not affect the marriage.
  2. During the performance of Nikah, even if all the words were pronounced incorrectly, it won’t affect the validity of the Nikah. As long as the actual contract of the Nikah is understood by both parties and there is a proposal and acceptance in any language, the Nikah is valid.