I wash my face and limbs more than 3 times during Wudhu

Question

My problem is that while performing my wudu (ablution), I sometimes wash my face more than 3 times (4 to 5 times). I do the same thing when i wash my hands and feet, rinse my mouth and clean my nose. The reason I do this is that I feel all the abovementioned parts in my wudu are not properly wet and cleaned if I clean them 3 times and therefore clean them more than 3 times. Please tell me whether such a wudu would be proper and whether the salat (namaz) performed after doing such a wudu would be properly performed? Please answer this question in your earliest convenience. 

Answer

Abu Abdullah said: The Prophet  sallallahu alayhi wasallam  had made clear that it is obligatory (while performing) ablution to was the body-parts once.  And the Prophet  sallallahu alayhi wasallam  also did perform the ablution by washing (these) parts twice and thrice, but he never washed them more than three times.  (Bukhari, vol.1, pg. 135) The learned scholars disliked exceeding the limits set by the Prophet  sallallahu alayhi wasallam  while performing ablution.

As for the doubts that cross your mind regarding Wudhu, Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) has taught us a Du'aa that we should constantly make, 'O Allah! I seek protection from Walahaan.' (Mishkaat pg.47; Qadeemi). Walahaan is the name of the devil that causes these doubts to cross our minds during wudu.

A Female Iftaa Student

Reference:

(Radd-ul-Mukhtaar, vol.1, pg. 239 ; Bukhari, vol.1, pg. 135 ; Badai-us-Sanaai, vo.1. pg.113)