Country: France
Date: 25th July 2005

dream of physical ejaculation, but seen nothing

Question

I used to masturbate, but always regretted then one fine day while i was praying i promised Allah that i will never do it again, and Allahmdulillah i never did it, till i dreamt that i am getting physical pleasure and that i had an orgasm, when i woke up i went to the bathroom to check if i really have an orgasm, but i was clean, what i want to know is that in this case, does my promise with Allah break? do i have to perform Ghusul? because i remember it very well i did not touch myself at all. Please help, and please pray for me that i am strong enough to control this behaviour which upsets Allah, and please pray that in all ways i try to keep Allah happy. Jazakallah.

Answer

We make du’aa that Allah save you from the bad and evil habit of masturbation, Aameen.

The dream of physical pleasure does not invalidate your Ghusl if you did not ejaculate. The dream of physical pleasure is beyond your control, and not your own doings. Therefore, you did not break your promise with Allah.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best