Date: 7th October 2004

1)My elder sister wanted to get her son married with her own younger sister's daughter. Is this marriage valid as per shari'at?

Question

(1)My elder sister wanted to get her son married with her own younger sister's daughter. Is this marriage valid as per shari'at? (2)Give me the dua for Nazar (to protect the child from evil eye) (3)My mother insha allah going to perform her hajj this year. but she has some debts though I hve agreed to repay the debts of her. what is worrying is that she has some debts on interest also. Rightnow it is not possible for me to repay the debt, only I can pay the interest. but insha allah I will repay all the debts next year. Question is whether this hajj is acceptable with this kind of debts? (4)Zaitun oil can be used for massaging the newly born? can we apply surma or kaajal on the eyes of the newly born? wht is the difference between kajal & surma? (5)Pl give me the procedures in detail for performing hajj(step by step) Pl attach the detailed hajj procedures with your anwer itself. (6)Which hajj should be performed first.Rasoollallah sallallahu alaihi wassallam performed how many hajj & which hajj he did first. A quick reply for the above is highly required.Allahhaafiz.

Answer

1.It is permissible for a boy to marry the daughter of his mother's sister.%0D%0A%0D%0A2. It was the practice of some of the Sahabah to write the following dua and hang it as a ta'weez around the neck of their children: A'oozu bikalimaatillaahit taammaati min ghadhabihi wa iqaabihi wa sharri ibaadihi wa min hamazaatish shayaateeni wa ayyah dhuroonee. (Tirmidhi No.3528, and classified as Hasan Gharib)%0D%0A%0D%0A3. While haj is accepted with debts of this sort, it would be more appropriate for her to clear the debts, thus ensuring that she is no more under the curse of those who are paying interest, then when she has the means she should perform haj.%0D%0A%0D%0A4. Zaitoon oil could be used for massaging a child. Kajal is generally used for children as surma burns their eyes. Kajal is eye-pencil while surma is antimony.%0D%0A%0D%0A5. Refer attached%0D%0A%0D%0A6. Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) only performed one hajj. The best haj to perform is Qiran, then tamttu'.%0D%0A%0D%0Aand Allah Ta'ala Knows Best%0D%0A%0D%0AMl. Husain Kadodia%0D%0ASTUDENT: Darul Ifta%0D%0A%0D%0ACHECKED & APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai%0D%0A