Country: Canada
Date: 30th July 2004

I've got a very weak memory .and i want my memory to be good

Question

Imam sahab I've got a very weak memory .and i want my memory to be good that i could remeber every thing ... So could u please tell me any DUA or TASBEEH beside "RABI ZIDNI ILMA" ?

Answer

At the outset, it must be pointed out that Allah created everyone differently with different instincts. Some have good memories and others blessed with other favours. One cannot change what is natural. However, we should use the gift of Allah to the best of our ability.%0D%0A%0D%0A1. The most important thing is to train the mind to memorise and remember. There are many people in the world with weak memories but are also Haafiz of the Qur?aan. That was also due to training the mind to remember.%0D%0A%0D%0A2. It is also important to prioritise one?s responsibilities and try to remember those issues. It is not necessary to memorise everything.%0D%0A%0D%0A3. Eating healthy foods that nurtures the mind and memory may be beneficial, for example, almonds, etc.%0D%0A%0D%0A4. Abstaining from sin and saving the mind from being engaged in wrong thought is crucial.%0D%0A%0D%0A5. Recite Durood as much as possible and place one?s right hand on the forehead after each Fardh Salaat and recite ?Yaa Qawiyyu?. This has been tried and tested to be beneficial.%0D%0A%0D%0Aand Allah Ta'ala Knows Best%0D%0A%0D%0AMufti Ebrahim Desai