Asked Country: Barbados

Answered Date: Jun 19,2004

Title: Is Psychokinesis permissible in Islam or not? And is it ok 2 use face wash containing Butyl Alcohol?

Question

1. I want to know if it would be permissible to try some Kinesis Abilities like Psychokinesis for fun which is the moving of an object using the mind only. Research shows that the human mind is so powerful that it can do such things. I also want 2 say that all this is possible if only Allah wills us to do it. And this will not involve any haraam practices like invoking jinns, etc. Is this permissible? (There may be methods which use devils etc but I'm not talking about them). For more details, please visit this link - http://www.spiritonline.com/files/messages/17/17.html 2. I use a face wash containing ?Butyl Alcohol?. Is it permissible? 3.I read somewhere that saying "Subhaana Rabbikka Rabbul Izzati Amma Yasifoon, Waslaamun Alal Mursaleen, Wal Hamdu Lillahi Rabbil Alameeen" 3 times after Salah gives us the full reward of our Salah? Is this correct? If yes, shud I recite it at the end of each Fard/Sunnat/Nafil Salaat or only at the end of the whole Salaat (ie, after praying Fard, Sunnah, etc. of 1 particular prayer like Zuhr)? 3. I'm a Shafiee. We make the intention for praying & fasting aloud (not only in the hear). Is this permissible as I've neard that this is innovation. What is the ruling for Shafiee's on this matter? 5. I?m losing interest in Salaah & getting bored even though I never miss any prayers. Is my Imaan weak? Tell me how 2 make my prayers more spiritual, fulfilling & exciting. Please try 2 answer all 5 questions. Jazakallahu Khairan.

Answer

1.+Our+opinion+on+practicing+arts+like+Telekinesis+and+Psychokinesis+etc%2C+if+they+really+exist%2C+is+that+as+long+as+it+does+not+involve+any+haraam+eg.+Subjuing+jins%2C+shaitaani+actions%2C+witchcraft+etc%2C+this+in+principle+it+could+not+be+classified+as+haraam.+However+due+of+it+being+a+huge+waste+of+time+and+effort%2C+one+would+not+be+advised+to+destroy+his+priceless+time+in+this+avenue%2C+solely+for+the+%22kick%22.+Yes%2C+if+it+is+possible+for+it+to+have+social+benefits+%28possible+helping+people+by+moving+objects+for+them%29+or+maybe+for+jihad+by+attacking+the+enemy+through+it%2C+then+it+would+be+completely+permissible.%0D%0A%0D%0A2.+Butyl+alcohol+is+a+synthetic+alcohol+which+does+not+intoxicate%2C+thus+usage+of+the+facewash+would+be+permissible.%0D%0A%0D%0A3.+This+reward+is+mentioned+in+a+number+of+Ahadith+%28See+Mujamul+Kabeer+Vol.5+Pg.211+%2C+Majmauz+Zawaid+Vol.10+Pg.103%2C+Masannaf+Abdul+Razzaaq+Vol.2+Pg.236+%2C+Tafsir+ibn+Abi+Haatim+Vol.10+Pg.3234%29%2C+with+some+narrations+mentioning+its+recitation+once%2C+not+thrice.+It+would+be+better+to+recite+it+after+every+salah%2C+as+mentioned+in+some+narration%2C+however+it+was+the+practice+of+Nabi+%28sallalahu+Alaihi+wasallam+to+recite+it+once+after+the+Fard+salah.%28Ibn+Abi+Shaibah+Vol.1+Pg.269%2C+Mujamul+Kabeer+Vol.11+Pg.115%2C+Abu+Ya%27laa+Vol.2+Pg.363%29%0D%0A%0D%0A4.+It+would+be+better+to+refrain+from+making+the+niyyah+in+a+group.+It+is+permissible+to+make+it+aloud+individually.%0D%0A%0D%0A5.+If+continuous+effort+is+not+made+on+Iman+it+begins+to+weaken.+Try+to+stick+to+the+following+to+ensure+that+your+Imam+stays+strong%3A+A.+Go+out+in+the+path+of+Allah+for+some+time%2C+where+you+will+stay+in+a+good+environment+and+be+regularly+speaking+about+Allah.+On+your+return+keep+a+strong+link+with+the+local+effort+in+your+Musjid.%0D%0A%0D%0AB.+Be+punctual+on+your+Zikr+daily+and+try+to+build+up+spiritual+contact+with+a+pious+person+with+whom+you+could+get+along+well+.+If+possible+take+Bai%27ah+%28Spiritual+allegiance%29+at+his+hands.+C.+Recite+a+portion+of+the+Quran+daily.+D.+Take+out+a+few+minutes+daily+for+reading+a+few+ahadith+from+Fadail+e+Amal+of+Hadhrat+Shaikh+Zakariya+%28Rahimahullah%29.%0D%0A%0D%0AMay+Allah+Ta%27ala+grant+you+and+us+such+Iman+that+he+is+pleased+with.+Amin%0D%0A%0D%0Aand+Allah+Ta%27ala+Knows+Best%0D%0A%0D%0AMufti+Ebrahim+Desai