My aqeedah? I believe that he rasoolalahs a man who sent in the form of noor to be a mercy from Allah.I believe that rasoolullah is not decomposed in his grave as some say ...

Question

I am a muslim and consider myself to be part of hanafi madhub, I belive that we should send salatusalaam to rasoolalah, I believe that rasoolalah should be very highly respected and loved with utmost loyality even with ones life if need being, I believe that he rasoolalahs a man who sent in the form of noor to be a mercy from Allah.I believe that rasoolullah is not decomposed in his grave as some say and when we go to madinah he replies to our salaam. I disagree with allthat say that we shouldn?t say durood on rasoolalah and those who consider him as an average man. I kiss my thumbs on my eyes when I hear blessed rasoolulahs name. in your opinion is my aqeedah correct or not and please help to elaborate upon it. jazakullah

Answer

Your Aqaaid of having utmost respect for Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] is correct. However, it should be borne in mind that Nabi [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] is the prophet of Allah. Allah is the Creator, Nourisher and Cherisher. A Nabi [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] too is bound by the laws of Almighty Allah Ta?ala and has to express submission and subjugation to Allah Ta?ala. Nabi [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] himself said, ?I am but just a humble slave of Allah?.%0D%0A%0D%0ANowadays, there are those who surpass the limits of respect with the result of elevating the status of Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] to the status of Allah. Nabi [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] said, ?Do not exaggerate in my praises as the Christians exaggerated in the praises of Eesa [alayhis salaam], thus, raising him to the position of God.?%0D%0A%0D%0ARespect for Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] dictates emulating his teachings. It would be disrespectful to do anything against the Sunnah of Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam]. Kissing the thumbs upon hearing the name of Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] has no basis in Shari?ah. To carry out such an act as a Sunnah is bid?ah and sin.%0D%0A%0D%0Aand Allah Ta'ala Knows Best%0D%0A%0D%0AMufti Ebrahim Desai%0D%0A