Recent Fatwas by Mufti Ebrahim Desai
May 6th, 2007
- When Ramadhan comes and i will have to pay my annual zakat will i have to calculate it from the amount i had before the home i.e. the saved money or do i calculate from whats left i.e. money left after the home is bought?
- Can you explain the term Khulafa Rashideen in detail which were said by our prophet(sas) to hold firmly was it only for the 4 rightly guided Khulfafa or it had some other meaning attached to it.Can you quote some hadith that 4 our the only Khulfa rashideen and after that the chain has stopped.
- Quran says in surah Al-Nour "corrupt women are for corrupt men, and corrupt men, for corrupt women - just as good women are for good men, and good men, for good women"
- I have question on Reiki. What is your opinion on learning and practicing Reiki.
- Is purchasing a vehicle through the bank haraam because of the interest or because of the insurance?
- If in a muslim society Allahs orders are disobeyed and haram things are made halal. In a muslim country Sharab is there interest is allowed officially and sex stations are there. Then as a true believer is this not our responsibility to stop these things and stop it with power?.
- I want to know the meaning of the following Ahadith..Also is the suicide Bombing or attack allowed if allowed then can civilians be targeted?
- Yazid bin Abi Habib reports that the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wassallam) passed by two women who were praying salah. He said, 'When you prostrate, let part of your body cling to the earth, for women are unlike men in this regard'.
- Your ruling says that praying behind a faasiq is highly offensive. It is better to pray behind someone who has a shariah beard and sunnah with the basic knowledge of Quran and Salaah, than, a hafiz or learned person of the quran who does not have a shariah beard. Some of these hadith I have received speaks contrary. Please explain.
- Is it valid to take fatwas from both Arab Hanafis and Indo-Pak Hanafis? Considering both follow the same madhab, shouldn't it be ok?
- Is this saying of Shayk Qaradawi correct regarding the acceptance of sifaat;
- Could you please comment about Dr. Zakir Naik. Is he preaching according to Suunah? He has views which do not agree with schools of thoughts. Should we learn from his scholarship?