Recent Fatwas by Mufti Ebrahim Desai
February 14th, 2009
- Since last 4 months my husband asking for Rs.5000/-, which i cant arrange even he is in problem, in this circumtences can a take this amount on interest, because if i will not give to him,
- need your input
- I have a question with regard to Talaaq. I would like to know, does talaaq happen when you accidentally say it while you are alone without your wife infront of you and there is no one else around to witness what you have said?
- During Ramadaan (September2008) my husband announced that he was going to move out of the house after Ramadaan. In January 09 he moved to the outside quarters and said in two years time when our son finishes matric he will sell the property.
- divorce question
- Five years ago, I (lender) loaned my brother in law (debtor) a large sum of money. Recently, while learning about debts, and the serious consequences of having debt, I decided to request from my brother in law...
- I have been fasting for two months as a kafara of breaking fast during ramadan. After about three weeks...
- Firstly, my two boys are living with my mum in my home country in Asia but I am supporting them i.e education, food, shelter and clothing. My ex-husband has refused to financially support them
February 13th, 2009
- As a muslim i would like to know the masalah about removing hear from the chest beacuse i feel very uncomfrtable having to much hairs on the chest.?
- My wife was performing qada fast for her missed ramadan fasts. I was not aware of that. One day, I did not go to work by chance and called my wife...
- the dentist and they said she has gum disease, they recommended for her to have lumineers done on her four front teeth this will prevent her teeth from gum disease....
- I use to see some people shake hand with both hands for more respect or showing more affection, Some others are saying prophet muhammed (SA) Only shake hands with one hand, is there anyhadeed reagrding this issue,what is the actual way in this regard,
- We had a beautiful cat as our pet who we came really close to. Today we found him died, assuming he was run over by a car. We have buried him in our garden, but what i would like to know is whether we should read a dua for him or surah for him? If so, which one?
- 1. Have you studied closely the criteria of Wifaqul Ulama london, and Rabetatul Ulama Batley. 2)If so, do you agree with them. 3) Decision to follow South Africa's ru'yat in the event of no sighting in UK, even with no imkaane ru'yat in UK according to astronomic calculation...
- Inshallah I will be going for umra in two months time. Can you please advise me on what ibadat i should try and engage in while in madina and makka. Also can you refer me to some books that will be of use. Jazakallah